What is an Open Marketplace?
In the open marketplace, publisher inventory is made available to buyers to be bid on programmatically. Publishers are granted easier access to monetizing all available inventory and advertisers are able to reach large audiences with quality inventory.
The SpotX Marketplace continues to attract and engage with many of the top premium publishers across the globe due to our holistic inventory management platform, a one-stop shop where publishers can manage and monetize their video across screens. Our industry leading customer service team provides support from a tri-level account team and three touch points for communication. With the most transparent and actionable data and reporting in the industry, publishers are able to understand fill rate, player size, what inventory is performing best in the market and more.
Open Marketplace Advantages:
- Instant access to massive buyer pool – connected to 50+ DSPs
- Gain knowledge around how the market views supply to gain true understanding of inventory value
- Lead generation – allows publishers to identify which advertisers are bidding on their inventory
Open Marketplace Challenges:
- Massive supply pool crowding the market
- Difficult to find highly desired supply pools
- Not private, meaning lower fill rate and CPMs
Check back next week for the second part of the series on private marketplaces.