Mobile has been exploding for years now and mobile video specifically is really beginning to hit its stride. Ericsson projects that mobile video is set to grow 45% this year and by 2019, 72% of all mobile traffic will be video content. This is in part thanks to the pivotal year we had for mobile in 2014.
Consumer consumption habits shifted towards mobile in ways we hadn’t previously seen, which was especially true for the younger demographic. 2014 was the first time, for example, that more Millennials consumed digital media only on mobile than only on desktop (18% v 16%).
Technology has finally arrived at a place that can not only support rich, engaging mobile experiences, but also provide the data and tracking mechanisms that allow marketers to effectively gauge their success, which is causing a huge shift in ad dollars.
With 2015 already shaping up to be an incredible year for mobile, we wanted to spend some time digging in to the topic. Over the next two months, we’ll be exploring a variety of topics, including top mobile trends, demystifying VPAID 2.0, why we must move past cookies on mobile, cross-device targeting for a cookieless world and finally, wrapping up the series with best practices that show you how to take advantage of this burgeoning technology.
Read more from our Mobile Series:
- Cross Device Targeting for a Cookieless World
- Mobile Video in 2015- What You Need to Know
- Mobile Video’s Value Proposition: Attention
- Mobile Programmatic Matures and Scales
- Top Mobile Trends: The Rise of Brand Advertising on Mobile
- Why 2015 Won’t Be the Year of Mobile
- The Mobile Decade
- Demystifying VPAID 2.0 and Why You Care
- Why We Must Move Past Cookies on Mobile
- Maximizing Mobile Video Monetization- Publisher Best Practices