The way consumers watch TV is changing rapidly. In an increasingly fragmented ecosystem, advertisers have new and unique ways to reach consumers, as well as an opportunity to drive brand discovery and ultimately, return on investment (ROI).
This is especially true among the highly desired yet difficult-to-reach millenial and GenX age groups.
Travel Texas cross-screen investments via SpotX yielded approximately $2 of traditional media value for every $1 spent.
SpotX is the No. 1 video ad ecosystem (comScore) and an industry leader in the advanced TV advertising space. We recently partnered with Travel Texas and its agency Proof Advertising (who promote Texas as a tourist destination to out-of-state visitors) to create an innovative and effective media-driven solution that would produce dramatic cost savings when compared to running the same campaign on traditional TV.
A report published by IAB states that 73% of adults 18+ who typically watch streaming video say they watch ad-supported OTT video. The same report shows that OTT viewers are an incremental audience — meaning that they do not typically also watch traditional linear TV.
Audiences are shifting in the way they watch TV, especially millennials. Only 10% of the 18-34 age group are TV-only viewers, meaning advertisers wanting to reach this demo need to explore other ad-supported video viewership platforms.
Proof worked with SpotX to help Travel Texas navigate the changing landscape and pioneer a groundbreaking approach which would include an integrated campaign consisting of programmatic TV, connected TV, and measurement provided by TV Squared and Nielsen CTV Analytics.
- Drive brand awareness and consideration among millennials and GenXers.
- Reduce TV waste and effectively target cord-cutters, cord-sometimers, and cord-nevers.
- Guide Travel Texas through the shift from traditional TV to advanced TV.
SpotX provides its advertisers like Travel Texas with a team of publisher inventory experts who build custom solutions designed to make buys smarter, easier, and transparent. Our 1:1 relationships with media and content owners ensure the highest level of visibility and access to premium inventory across all video distribution platforms and screen types.
For Travel Texas we developed an advanced TV plan combining programmatic TV and connected TV, reaching GenXers and millennials through content alignment and advanced audience targeting. Creative ran across premium networks and within contextual programming — including live events.
At SpotX we take an industry-leading approach to ensuring brand safety and providing advertisers with campaign visibility. Travel Texas received a 100% guarantee against ad fraud, ensuring that ads only ran in places they were supposed to and each impression was verified, managed by our in-house Brand Safety Team.
Non-linear TV attribution is itself a nascent and evolving space and one that SpotX can help advertisers navigate. For this engagement, we partnered with TVSquared and Nielsen — being first to market with Nielsen’s CTV analytics solution which matches ad exposure files to Nielsen’s panel to determine audience composition.
- Savings: $2MM+ in cost savings over a traditional TV schedule — with the same ad exposure. Using a combination of CTV and PTV maximized the campaign’s unique reach for both target audiences at a more efficient rate compared to linear TV.
- Engagement: 18,557 viewers responded online to the Travel Texas TV ad they viewed (6.42% conversion rate), providing previously unknown insight into the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Transparency: Our advanced-level CTV campaign reporting uncovered a higher-than-projected delivery of impressions per household, resulting in greater overall campaign efficiency.
SpotX runs DoubleVerify on all CTV/OTT inventory.
To learn more about this campaign, or how SpotX can help transform your TV strategy, contact us at email@example.com.