Local linear TV alone provided limited DMA reach and at times annoyingly high frequency. To strategically and thoughtfully reach more of our target audience, we had to combine the impact of linear TV with the precision of CTV — and SpotX delivered in spades and scale.
There are now more than 64 million U.S. households that access TV through a connected television (Comscore), with some recent estimates pointing towards 80 million households now accessing over-the-top (OTT) content from connected devices (Leichtman Research Group).
Advertisers are rightly paying close attention to how consumers are choosing to access their TV content. Many brands are opting to move portions of their budget from traditional linear television to OTT/CTV — and they are seeing powerful results.
SpotX recently partnered with Subway and its agency Proof Advertising to create an OTT/CTV strategy that would enable Subway to effectively reach its target audiences in key local market DMAs.
Subway wanted to test how shifting dollars from its existing media plan into OTT/CTV would impact efficiency at the local market level. SpotX, as the leader in OTT inventory supply, was asked by Proof Advertising to collaborate on developing a strategy with a focus on targeting specific markets with quality inventory at scale.
- Drive brand awareness and consideration among Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) intenders.
- Target a specific list of local market DMAs of varied size and composition.
- Demonstrate media efficiency and foot traffic lift.
- SpotX provides its advertisers like Subway with a team of media experts who build custom solutions designed to make buys smarter, easier, transparent, and efficient.
- For Subway we developed a total video campaign to be activated across quality inventory and made measurable by the use of foot traffic attribution partners.
- The campaign ran across a mix of premium networks and OTT channels, delivering predominantly on CTV, and supported by desktop and mobile to ensure maximum reach.
- Visitation to Subway locations saw a 19.6 percent lift from 4,373 measured locations.
- The campaign delivered 38 million impressions of targeted scale on premium ad inventory across the selected DMAs.